Ecological & Natural Resources
Peace of mind – that is what our clients want when it comes compliance with environmental laws and regulations. STONE’s seasoned staff, some of whom have worked for regulatory agencies, understand the ecological resources and environmental rules for project development – but what sets us apart is that we also understand engineering, construction, and time constraints. Our goal is to help you get your project built, while providing balance with the natural environment.
STONE’s breadth of services range from stream, wetland, and water quality assessment; to specialized surveys of endangered species; to waterway permitting and agency negotiation. Our turn-key abilities allow us to collect required field data, provide insight in project design, develop the documentation needed for regulatory clearance, and obtain environmental permits. We use our knowledge of specialized study requirements and the permitting process so that key project deadlines are met.
With our highly experienced ecological staff we deliver results in a number of areas including freshwater endangered mussel surveys (with federally-licensed personnel); aquatic surveys including fish electroshocking and benthic macroinvertebrate surveys; herpetological surveys; threatened and endangered species surveying including Running Buffalo clover; habitat assessment; data analysis; and reporting. Our ecologists are Level 3 Ohio EPA Qualified Data Collectors, Professional Wetland Scientists (PWS), and Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) approved herpetologists.
- Wetland and Stream Delineation and Assessment
- Freshwater Mussel Surveys (USFWS Federal and State permits)
- Macroinvertebrate Collection, Assessment, and Identification
- Fish Collection, Assessment, and Identification
- Herpetological Surveys (State-certified for Eastern Hellbender)
- Threatened/Endangered Species Surveys and Coordination
- Ecological, Biological, and Aquatic Surveys
- Water Quality Sampling
- ODOT Waste/Borrow Area Environmental Clearance Reviews
- Wetland and Stream Mitigation and Restoration Design, Construction, and Monitoring/Reporting
- Environmental Compliance Monitoring/Observation
- Biological Assessment (BA)
- Permitting (Waterway, Water Withdrawal, Wetlands, After-the-Fact)
- Invasive Species Evaluation
- Regulatory Agency Coordination
- Remote Sensing
Ecological & Natural Resources Projects
“STONE performed the ecological survey, environmental sites assessment, wetland delineation, waterway permit for 20 culverts throughout Monroe and Washington Counties. They also prepared the environmental document. We got praises from Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) Office of Environmental Services (OES) about their performance. They were a pleasure to work with and were always very responsive.”